Nearly two weeks ago I wound up in the hospital having myself a glorious appendectomy. Ok, it was fucking shit and definitely not glorious, and the recovery has definitely taken it’s toll. I’ve been told there are things I’m not allowed to do. And i hate not being able to do things with the entirety of my fierce and independent being. Whilst not doing those things, I’m also left to ponder all the other shit that I want to do but can’t either. Here is a non-comprehensive list of shit I wish I could do right now but can’t.
1. Lift more than four kilos.
2. Go to boxing and hit the bag ferociously.
3. Go salsa dancing and boogie the night away.
4. Drink the five bottles of wine in my car.
5. Book the secret flyer £200 return flight to London for 2 weeks next March.
6. Move house without having to beg others for help.
7. Eat a Tim Hortons chilli with a Canadian maple donut.
8. Drive somewhere far away, pitch a tent and hike a mountain.
9. Sing a song properly without losing my voice.
10. Further investigate the wonderful(ly fucking strange) world of speed dating.
11. Wake up not exhausted and manage more than a long-arse trip to the supermarket without having to take a four hour nap to recover.
12. Concentrate long enough to read a book.
13. Do anything other than watch Netflix and by watch Netflix I mean put it on in the background whilst surfing the internet for flights.
14. Bungee jump.
15. Stop eating the pile of chocolate in my snack drawer because I’m too lazy to cook.
16. Wear pyjamas outside in public because I’m too lazy to dress myself.
17. Be a popstar billionaire.
18. Build something without it being a total disaster.
19. Go for a walk without hurting myself.
20. Stop complaining.
I think that’s pretty much it. Actually it’s not, but you get the idea….
One thought on “Things I Wish I Could Do Right Now That I Can’t”
I have a similar list: on top of it is making a trip to New Zealand and Australia.